This zone provides insight and guidance on various topics. Below are guidance tips for extractions, gum craft, root canal and children dental care.
- Take painkillers for the first two days and thereafter as required.
- Apply an ice wrapped bag on the cheek for 10 minutes and remove for 10 minutes. Repeat throughout the day; it will reduce the risk of swelling.
- Have a soft diet for the first 2 days following the extraction. If necessary, take a liquid protein supplement.
- Bite on gauze to stop the bleeding. If prolonged bleeding, bite on a tea bag. Avoid spitting repeatedly.
- Do not drink through a straw.
- Do not smoke for at least 48 hours.